MOMENTS | Link Up: Pierre Hardy Speaks, Why Man Creates, Diane Pernet, Wiexin App, Future Islands
Staying relevant on the go.
1. In Bed With, a new magazine app edited by our friend, Anne Sophie Berbille, presents video interviews of influential French cultural figures like Tahar Rahim and Pierre Hardy. Here, Hardy reflects on his career in the 80s when Thierry Mugler and Yohji Yamamoto reigned supreme.
2. We’re all about empowering creativity, and in this video, Saul Bass explains why man creates.
3. Our friend Diane Pernet, the Paris-based founder of “A Shaded View of Fashion Film”, talks “love, life, and fashion film” with Bruno Pieters from Honestby.
4. We’re just getting started with WeChat, but Wiexin is another social networking app that’s gaining some serious traction in China.
5. Art-pop trio Future Islands announced their new Chris Coady produced album Singles. Coady also produced albums for Beach House, Grizzly Bear, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, so get excited.
In the meantime, watch Future Islands’s new music video for “Seasons (Waiting For You)”.