MOMENTS | Link up: Maison Martin Margiela Show Notes, The Space Project, Typography, Velour Tracksuits, Floating Schools
Staying relevant on the go.
1. Maison Martin Margiela was one of our favorite collections from Paris couture week, so we’re really enjoying AnOther Magazine’s Margiela Show Notes.
2. Space-themed compilation album, The Space Project, features artists Youth Lagoon, Spiritualized, Beach House, and The Antlers—all of whom will be making music using sounds from space. How astral.
3. Scientific research tells us that typography—sizes, style and spacing—can give us very particular feels. I guess that’s why we all hate Comic Sans so much.
4. The tracksuits of the early 2000s are making a comeback. Copenhagen label Rascals F/W 14 men’s collection features tongue-in-cheek velour tracksuits.
5. “A rainbow ark soaring in the sky”. Japanese architect Kikuma Watanabe of D environmental design system laboratory brings a kid’s drawing to life with a floating school.
Kikuma Watanabe’s work seeks to alleviate poverty in the Sangkhlaburi Village in Thailand.
[Photo sources: 1, 2]