MOMENTS | Link up: Rachel Comey, Fashion Film, St. Vincent, Art Wynwood, Winter Olympics
Staying relevant on the go.
1. New York Fashion Week has officially started, but as the New York Times noted, the “Fashion Diaspora” means quite a few designers have chosen to show their collection a little before the official date.
Rachel Comey, who has built a cult following from her distinctive prints and much-coveted booties, gave us a backstage peak at her FW14 show last night via Instagram.
2. Dominic Clarke, a British photographer and filmmaker based in Londom, directed a dreamy short fashion film that features those killer bags and accessories from Prada Resort 2014.
3. Listen to St. Vincent’s dynamic vocals in her new song, “Prince Johnny”.
Since we’re anxiously anticipating St. Vincent’s forthcoming album, we’re playing this one alongside “Birth In Reverse” and “Digital Witness” to tie us over until her album pops up next week.
4. Art Wynwood (February 13-17) is contemporary art fair produced by Art Miami and will showcase the emerging underground art movement, with an emphasis on street art, murals, pop surrealism and graffiti.
5. Fashion Week (all four of them!) isn’t the only big event coming up. The Sochi Winter Olympics starts today. Though between the #SochiProblems (the ahem, shared toilets) and Putin’s unfortunate remarks about homosexuals, we’re a little wary of the shenanigans that may start trending on Twitter.