MOMENTS | Link up: Paris Fashion Week, Dries Van Noten Exhibition, Normcore, David Byrne, Photographer Fabian Oefner
Staying relevant on the go.
1. The HBIC of fashion weeks has arrived. It’s Paris Fashion Week, and Dries Van Noten’s FW14 collection was a risky yet innovative hybrid of Van Noten’s signature soft flora and Bridget Riley’s psychedelic swirl op art.
2. #TBT. Dries Van Noten’s collection premiered just before the opening of his exhibition at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs. “Inspirations”, Van Noten’s retrospective into the past and present, aims to give us an intimate look inside his creative process.
Be sure to see the showcase if you’re in Paris any time from March 1– August 31, 2014.
3. Normcore—the anti-trend look for those who get that we’re all “one in 7 billion”. We’re talking about keenly blank clothes—khakis, sweatpants and tourist stand baseball caps. And not just because it’s laundry day.
Though this is a bit contradictory to the message, all the cool kids are doing it.
4. David Byrne headlined for nonprofit Content Creators Coalition’s show at New York’s Le Poisson Rouge. Watch David Byrne rock a pair of overalls while dishing out a delightful cover of Biz Markie’s “Just A Friend” to make a point about royalties.
5. Photographer Fabian Oefner’s “Black Hole” series is the lovechild of science and Jackson Pollock. The many shades of acrylic paint form a distinct shape via centripetal force