MOMENTS | Link up: Design Your Own Prada, CFDA Style Icon Rihanna, Le1f Responds To Ignorance, Hologram Piano Battle, Paint Showers
Staying relevant on the go.
1. We love it when interactive platforms let consumers customize their goods, and now Prada is doing it too. Prada’s new service is based on its Made To Order Décolleté collection and allows customers to ‘design’ their own shoes.
2. What was once an unspoken truth is now official. Rihanna has been named the CFDA’s 2014 fashion icon.
3. Read Le1f’s response to the conservative ramblings of Lord Jamar, former Brand Nubian member, in a recent New Yorker profile.
Or in other words, read a talented, experimental musician’s response to super-dated ignorance in the rap world.
4. #HologramPianoBattle. David Bowie-esque classical pianist Yoshiki Hayashi had a piano duel with a holographic version of himself at this year’s SXSW.
5. Watch the incredible animated short “Paint Showers”.
Directed and animated by LA-based Miguel Jiron, the piece was made by photographing sequences of paint drips and setting the animation to sound that evokes a thunderstorm. Incredible.
[Photo sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]