MOMENTS | Best of: V-Day BAMIN Giveaway, Reality Bites ‘90s Styling, Dads are the Original Hipsters Meme, Giorgio Moroder x Kylie Minogue, Fresh Dressed Documentary
We’ve curated the best of digital age-inspired creativity—from user-generated content, mash-ups, and remixes to collaborations between multi-disciplined makers.
Start your week out right with BAMIN’s (Build And Make It Now) run down of this week’s best moments in user-generated content, remixes, mash-ups, collaborations, and trends.
1. Build a bag to win a bag! Do something for you this Valentine’s Day. Let your creativity flow, and design and share a BAMIN bag for a chance to win one.
2. Mix and match your ‘90s looks the way Winona mixes and matches her Reality Bites men. Get inspired by Winona’s outfits—from her long vintage dresses to her low-slung trousers and silk tees.
3. Watch Disco legend Giorgio Moroder and Australian pop legend Kylie Minogue’s kaleidoscopic music video for funk-electro-pop track “Right Here, Right Now.”
4. Remember, Dads Are The Original Hipster from who we’re still taking style cues remix the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s.
5. Read about Fresh Dressed: The Revolution Of Fashion Born On The Streets, a documentary by Sacha Jenkins that explores the evolution of hip-hop through the lens of urban fashion. From the ‘70s South Bronx B-boys’ custom outfits to ‘80s hip-hop tailor of Harlem Dapper Dan’s remixed clothing to its on-going influence on the modern day.