MOMENTS | Best of: Mix & Match NYFW Street Style, Father John Misty Covers Nirvana, Wong Kar-wai x NYFW x The Met, The Singles Supergroup, Yang Yongliang’s Digital Collages
We’ve curated the best of digital age-inspired creativity—from user-generated content, mash-ups, and remixes to collaborations between multi-disciplined makers.
1. Mix & match like the best of NYFW. The best street style we saw didn’t resist the bitter NYC cold snap; combine more practical pieces like denim and even duck shoes with patterns, bright coats and fur jackets.
2. Joshua Tillman, aka Father John Misty, shared his haunting acoustic cover of Nirvana’s “Heart Shaped Box.”
3. The Met announced that acclaimed filmmaker Wong Kar-wai would provide the art direction for its upcoming China: Through the Looking Glass exhibition.
4. Actress and musician Scarlett Johansson has a new “super-pop” girl group titled The Singles, and they just released their first track, “Candy.”
5. Yang Yongliang creates collages using digital manipulation, and for his From the New World piece, he embedded sprawling urban landscapes in shan shui-like terrain.