MOMENTS | Best Of: Björk x MoMA x Inez & Vinoodh, Kelela “A Message” Music Video, Artist Hannah Perry’s Deconstructed Film, Nicolas Jaar x Florence + the Machine “What Kind of Man” Remix, Artist Hadieh Shafie’s Rolled Paper Collages
We’ve curated the best of digital age-inspired creativity—from user-generated content, mash-ups, and remixes to collaborations between multi-disciplined makers.
Start your week out right with BAMIN’s (Build And Make It Now) run down of this week’s best moments in user-generated content, remixes, mash-ups, collaborations, and trends.
1. The Björk retrospective opened at MoMA and spans 20 years of her transformative career in music, art, design, and fashion. To celebrate, take a look back at one of our favorite Björk collaborations—the iconic images created by photography duo Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
2. Watch R&B singer Kelela transform into an animated character in her new music video for “A Message”
3. Get into the digital age and check out British artist Hannah Perry’s deconstructed video from her first major solo show, Hannah Perry: Always.
4. Electro-minimalist producer Nicolas Jaar remixed Florence and the Machine’s “What Kind Of Man” and transformed it into a 12-minute epic.
5. Iran-born, U.S.-based artist Hadieh Shafie merges traditional crafts with a contemporary aesthetic in her Surfacedexhibition at Leila Heller Gallery.